Monday, March 25, 2013

Cute Little Flowers

I actually saw a picture of a flower like this on the internet somewhere but did not mark it at the time, so I cannot claim this idea as my own because it's not.   They even made something similar on Calliou today.  But, I am a big flower child and always love to have flowers indoors.  This is a quick and easy way to have pretty blooms in the house when there aren't many outside and it takes a minimal amount of supplies. 
 
You will need:  Cupcake liners, buttons and pipe cleaners, which I don't think are actually called pipe cleaners anymore in craft stores.  You simply punch a pipe cleaner up through the bottom of a cupcake liner, thread it through a button, push it back down through another hole in the liner that you make with the pipe cleaner and twist it on to the remaining longer piece of pipe cleaner.  WaaLaa... paper flowers!  I also criss-crossed scotch tape over a mason jar to make holes so the stems would stand up better.  And as you can see you can get as frilly as you want with the centers and stems as pipe cleaners are very bendy friendly!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment