Monday, March 18, 2013

A New Shelf

There are two windows on the back side of the day care that are facing West, just so that they get all the afternoon sun they can stand.  One of the windows is above our eating area and the other is in the main playroom.  Since it is almost time for us to begin sprouting seeds for our garden I felt we needed a good shelf in a sunny spot.  The playroom window seemed like the perfect window for plant life.  So I asked Shaun if he could cut us a piece of wood and I found a couple of brackets that I had left over from setting up the day care last Spring. 
 
In just a jiff we had a new shelf installed!  We put the brackets on each side of the window, screwed them to the wall and to the wooden shelf.  It is perfect.  It is high enough to keep little hands out of the pots but in the area where we can get them down for viewing anytime. And it is still low enough so they will clearly be able to see the plants grow (and low enough for me to whack my head!). 
 




I love, love, love this shelf! 

No comments:

Post a Comment